COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT POLICY
CrowdRiff respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. CrowdRiff may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of customers and other users of our APIs and platform who infringe copyright of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide CrowdRiff’s Copyright Agent the following information:
- Include a statement telling us that you have found content on the website or application of a customer of CrowdRiff (or on the CrowdRiff Platform) which you believe infringes your copyright (for example, “I believe that the content identified below infringes my copyright”).
- Tell us which country your copyright applies to.
- Provide us with details of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed. If this information is available on the internet, it is helpful to send us a link.
- Provide us with details of where the allegedly infringing content is located on the Website.
- Explain to us in what way that content infringes your copyright (e.g. the text is copied, the entire content is a copy of an original work made by you, etc.)
- Provide us with contact information so that we can get in touch with you (email address is preferred but we also need your name and telephone number).
- Include the following statement, made under penalty of perjury: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law. I swear that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.”
- Sign the notice. If you are providing notice by e-mail, a scanned physical signature or a valid electronic signature will be accepted.
- Send the notice, in English, to the following address: Attn: CrowdRiff Copyright Infringement Notification Email: email@example.com or by mail to: Copyright Agent c/o CrowdRiff [409 King St W, Suite 201 Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1K1].
Please also note that the information provided in this legal notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content. Please also make sure you know whether the content that you have seen on the Website infringes your copyright because there may be adverse legal consequences in your country if you make a false or bad faith allegation of copyright infringement by using this process.