TORONTO, ON - August 25, 2016 - CrowdRiff, the leading Visual Influence platform for the travel and hospitality industries, today announced the release of its API, enabling destination marketers to integrate CrowdRiff’s technology into creative products and campaigns to attract travellers.
Destination BC, one of North America’s largest destination marketing organizations (DMOs), used the CrowdRiff API to create its BC Explorer trip planning tool, the first ever entirely visual trip planning experience based on thousands of photos shared by travellers on Instagram.
Using CrowdRiff’s API, destination marketing organizations can build new experiences that seamlessly integrate UGC and owned photos into digital marketing campaigns. Features enabled by CrowdRiff’s API include the ability to:
- Search social media photos by multiple attributes (including keywords, hashtag, author, channel and more)
- Add calls to action that link photos directly to local business, blog posts and more
- Organize photos by city, region and themes
- Add custom descriptions or use the traveller’s original social media caption
- Generate visual maps populated by location-based photos
CrowdRiff’s platform is used by over 500 destinations to explore the most comprehensive sources of authentic and aspirational photos, acquire photo rights, and publish photos to any digital property; from websites, to video campaigns, to social media. The release of this API will enable DMOs, agencies, and digital marketers to tap into the growing trend of travellers seeking user-generated content to discover, research and choose travel destinations.
Dan Holowack, CEO, CrowdRiff
“Destination BC has built an inventive tool that taps into a traveller’s desire to discover and plan trips based on the gorgeous photos taken, and shared, by people just like them.. We’re excited to release our API as the next step in giving new capabilities to travel marketers who want to build innovative visual campaigns and products for their audiences.”
Marsha Walden, CEO, Destination BC
“Those of us who are lucky enough to call British Columbia home know there is simply no shortage of content to share with potential visitors—our vast and abundant wilderness, spectacular cities on the edge of nature, and welcoming communities, to name a few. By partnering with CrowdRiff and featuring this stunning content through the BC Explorer, we are able to take UGC images to a new level and give visitors from around the world the ability to actually book these inspirational places and activities.”
- Over 73 million photos have been processed by CrowdRiff
- 100 destinations are using CrowdRiff to power their social and digital marketing
- The #exploreBC hashtag has been used over 4.5 million times (Source: Destination BC)
- 78% of millennials said they would rather see photos of real customers over professional photos created by the brand (Source)
- Almost three in four Millennials (73%) post to social media at least once a day when traveling (Source)
CrowdRiff is the leading visual and social marketing solution for travel and tourism brands. They make it easy to find the best photos and videos and use them to create compelling experiences across any digital channel, easily and intuitively. CrowdRiff customers include Colorado Tourism, Travel Portland, Destination BC, Azamara Cruises, Pebble Beach Resorts and the Royal Ontario Museum. Contact Amrita at CrowdRiff dot com for more information.