One of the most influential sources of marketing content is right at your fingertips — the photos and reviews that guests post to social media every day.
In the hospitality industry, only 20 percent of brands use user-generated content (UGC) beyond their social channels. Using this content effectively is about more than reposting to Instagram or Facebook. It can play a critical role wherever a guest is on their customer journey.
- Dreaming/inspiration: UGC helps guests feel inspired to stay at your resort, fueling them with travel ideas for their next vacation.
- Research/planning: Visual guest reviews provide social proof of what it’s actually like at your property.
- Booking: CTAs on visuals help capture guests in their booking process when they feel most inspired.
- Pre-arrival: Why not promote hotel offers with UGC in your emails or pre-stay information?
- Experiencing/on-property: Use UGC to improve the customer experience at your property.
- Sharing/post-stay: Ask guests about their experience via email, surveys, and on review sites. Encourage them to share their experience with friends and family and on their social channels.
In this infographic, we’ll walk you through what kind of UGC to use at different stages of your hotel guest experience journey, and how to encourage more guests to post UGC around your brand. Click on the infographic to enlarge it.
Image credit: @blondes_adventure
About the authorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More posts by Julia Manoukian